The 2013 AMUG meeting will be held the last week of April this year at the Palace Station in Las Vegas.
The related standards committees will meet meet on Monday April 29 before the regular AMUG meeting starts on Tuesday April 30. Contact your standards chairperson for the schedule.
The AMUG will meet beginning Tuesday April 30.
There will be a tour of the Nevada National Security Site on Wednesday May 1.
The AMUG will reconvene on Thursday May 2 and wrap up in the morning of Friday May 3.
To get the special group rates at Palace Station make your reservations by calling 800-634-3101 and using the codes AMUG or PCIAMG3, or by calling Connie at 888-319-4661 or 702-221-6557. Make your reservations by March 31 for the special group rates.
Please send authors names, titles, and a short (~100 words) abstract for your presentations for the 2013 AMUG meeting to Morgan Cox firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your webmaster requests that the title sent to Morgan matches the title on your presentation. If you would also send me your presentations after they have been accepted, that will help me get them uploaded to the AMUG website quicker. Tom Voss, email@example.com.
Two items of some interest have been added to the "Downloads" page. The HPIC (Health Physics Instrumentation Committee) brochure and the NLAP (National Laboratory Accreditation Program) brochure can be downloaded from there.
Purposes of the AMUG
To provide the Air Monitoring Community including;
• the US Department of Energy and Operating Contractors
• US Department of Homeland Security
• US Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Nuclear Utilities
• EPA,OSHA, CDC, and NIOSH
• Medical and Research Facilities
• Federal, State and local government regulating Agencies
• air sampling and monitoring equipment and services suppliers
and other interested parties
with a forum to:
• Exchange Information
• Discuss Mutual Problems
• Develop a Sound Technical Basis for Air Monitoring Practices
• Develop Unified Strategies for Air Monitoring, and
Compliance with 10CFR20, 10CFR835, 29CFR1910, 40CFR50, 40CFR53, 40CFR58, and 40CFR61 and other regulatory requirements.
Interested parties are encouraged to:
• Attend the Annual Meetings
• Bring Local Relevant Issues for Discussion
• Support Development of Relevant ANSI and IEC Standards, Good Practice Documents, and Operating Procedures.